Our skin safe eco dyes are formulated to be safe for you and our environment. Win, win!
Available in 16 different colors, the dyes are extremely soluble, making them perfect for water-based products such as body sprays, shampoo, soaps and more.
You can create unlimited color variations by mixing two or more dyes together or play with saturation to create either a subtle shade or something strikingly bold.
To provide a little inspiration, we're sharing three unique recipes below for a brightening & toning color shampoo, a protective face serum, and a watermelon bath bomb.
blue or purple diy shampoo recipe
One great benefit of our skin safe eco dyes is that they can be combined with our jojoba sulfate-free shampoo base to create color-protecting blue or purple shampoo. Colored shampoos are wonderful for color treated hair because they neutralize brassiness and boost brightness.
Our sulfate-free shampoo base creates a rich lather and will keep hair hydrated from roots to ends. It works best on blonde, lightened, and grey hair types. We recommend washing your hair once a week with a blue or purple toning shampoo to improve dulness and make your color last longer.
what you'll need:
- Add 1-2 drops of your eco dye to the 16oz of shampoo base and mix until fully combined.
- Use weekly to get a boost in brightness.
rhodochrosite gemstone diy skin serum recipe
Let your skin shine with this rhodochrosite gemstone skin serum. With calming rhodochrosite and our all-natural aloe serum base, this hydrating serum will prepare and protect your skin against daily stressors and pollutants.
Rhodochrosite extract helps boost skin's antioxidants and protects the skin from free radicals. It's ideal for all skin types but feels especially nourishing to dry skin.
what you'll need:
- Combine your liquid gemstone extract, aloe serum base and daffodil eco dye and stir until fully combined.
- Use your serum morning and night and prepare to glow!
watermelon fizz diy bath bomb recipe
Our skin safe eco dyes are great for making fun and unique bath products like bath bombs. They won’t stain your skin OR your tub but the color provides a fun element to the bath experience that totally beats bubble bath!
We created this diy bath bomb recipe using our crimson eco dye and coarse black lava salt for the ultimate bath time treat.
what you'll need:
- Combine 18 oz of sodium bicarbonate, 9oz of citric acid, and 1oz of watermelon powder in a medium sized bowl and mix with clean hands. Break up any clumps.
- Note: the foaming is a result of these two ingredients interacting with water.
- In a small clean vessel, add .33oz of watermelon & lollipops fragrance. Mix completely.
- Tip: we know it’s tempting, but try not to eat your mixture!
- Add your powders to a clean bowl and mix in your fragrance with your hands until the mixture is clump-free. If it sticks to your hand, scrape it back into the bowl and continue mixing.
- Add .03oz (~20 drops) of crimson skin safe eco dye and mix until evenly distributed.
pressing your bath bombs:
- To make your bath bombs even more unique, use our heart or star shaped bath bomb molds.
- Using your metal bath bomb molds, fill each side using your hands to pack it in there. Then smash the two sides of the mold together.
- If the edges of your molds don’t touch, try again with slightly less mixture.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes and then remove
- Tip: you can try a “drop test” your bath bomb should survive a 6 inch drop onto a hard surface
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you have used all of the mixture.
- Product can be wrapped in plastic wrap or stored as is.
We love to see what you're making! Tag us with #makesy so we can share your eco dye creations.