Crystals are a super fun way to add positive energies to your candles!
Here at makesy, we offer fun, enticing Crystal Points and Mini Chips that are sure to set your candles apart. Have fun with this unique enhancer and use crystals for candles or in room sprays, body sprays, aromatherapy supplies, and all natural hand sanitizer!
Follow these steps to make a crystal candle:
1. Make your main attraction, a candle! You can find those steps here: How to Make a Wooden Wick Candle
2. Choose your crystals. This part is so much fun! You can get really creative and pick ones that offer meaningful energy or simply look pretty because of their gorgeous colors and translucent hues.
Take a look at your options here: The Crystal Collection at makesy.
3. Heat it up! Once you have the chosen ones, using a handy dandy, extra efficient Heat Gun, you’re going to wave it over the surface of your candle until the surface of the wax is liquified to about 0.2” or a finger nail’s worth. Be extra careful not to wave the heat gun over your wick as the heat of the heat gun can potentially light it and start burning your wick. Once the wax has melted enough, grab those crystals!
4. Add ‘em in. Start placing your crystals however you wish! Some Makers like to create designs like rainbows on top of candles, while others prefer to place a few crystals for a simple design. However you decide to make with these intentional pieces of stone, they are going to make your candles look extra unique!
5. Touch up + let it cool. Take your heat gun and wave it over the surface of your candle to even out your wax in any places that need it. Then, let it cool for about 15-20 minutes. And just like that, you’ve made a lovely crystal candle creation!
Watch this video to see these steps in action: How To Make A Crystal Candle
Ready to try making your own crystal candle? Head on over to the Makers Marketplace and find the crystals that speak to you and your candle collection. Don’t forget to show off your magical creations on Instagram and tag us @makesy so we can share them!