Recipe: Snow Mushroom Serum, a Snail Mucin Vegan Alternative
Skincare’s latest delicacy, snail mucin, is emerging from its shell to captivate skincare enthusiasts with its remarkable benefits. Slowly but steadily, the word spread about its potent ability to improve hydration, stimulate collagen production, and aid in skin regeneration!
However, while everyone can agree on the benefits, not everyone agrees on how it’s produced. While snail mucin used in skincare is completely cruelty-free, it is not vegan-friendly.
If you’re looking for a vegan-friendly alternative with the same benefits, we’re here to help you find the right trail! Our snow mushroom liquid extract is plant-derived and has many of the same benefits!
Below you’ll find a 3-step recipe to make a vegan dupe of COSRX’s Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence which was the 2nd best-selling skincare product on Amazon in Q2 of 2023! The materials to make 24, 1.5oz vegan mucin essence serums will cost less than $200 and could sell for over $400 (suggested retail of $17-$20)!
snow mushroom extract serum recipe
- 24 (2x12pcs) 1.3 oz / 40 ml frosted glass & bamboo dropper bottle
- 16oz snow mushroom liquid extract
- 2oz ultra7 hyaluronic acid blend
- 2oz biobased butylene glycol
- 10mL cleartec plant derived preservative
- 4oz filtered or distilled water
- Clean your workspace with soap and water, dry, and then sanitize with >60% alcohol (isopropyl alcohol is sufficient)
- In a clean, appropriately sized mixing vessel, combine your ingredients and mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Use a funnel to evenly fill your 24 1.3 oz / 40 ml frosted glass & bamboo dropper bottles and seal the cap tightly. Give yourself a round of applause, you deserve it!
- Take advantage of our partnership with Vistaprint and make the beautiful, customized labels and packaging your luxury creation deserves.
- Show off your creation! If you need help with product photography, check out our exclusive offer with Soona, our favorite product photography partner!
This 100% vegan-friendly formula is free of:
- Parabens, sulfates, & phthalates
Aqua, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Butylene Glycol, Betaine, Glycerin, Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol