How to Use Essential Oils to Boost Immunity
When you hear the words “essential oil,” what comes to mind? If it’s not stress relief or immunity, you may be missing out on an amazing natural tool in your wellness arsenal.
what are essential oils?
Essential oils are chemically-active aromatic compounds extracted from plants that have been used for centuries in native rituals to ward off illness and fatigue. In fact, the use of the oils of Frankincense and Myrrh date back over 5,000 years.
These precious oils were used as incense, insect repellent, perfume, salves for wounds and sores and they were also key ingredients in the embalming process of the ancient Babylonians and Egyptians.
Today, among the popularly touted aromatherapy and fragrance benefits of essential oils, many have been suggested to contain naturally occurring anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties.
Learn how to promote wellness with all natural essential oils! Here’s a look at some of our favorites and the natural properties of each.
how to use essential oils to boost immunity
- Added to cleaning products or disinfectant sprays
- Diffused into the air to help purify and reduce the spread of airborne germs
- Applied diluted to the skin to help support the body when fighting off illness
One of our favorite ways to use them is with our organic alcohol & witch hazel. This amazing base can be used to create cleansing sprays, household cleaning products, body sprays, facial sprays, skin and cosmetic products and more. The number of ways to use this powerhouse ingredient are endless!
When working with essential oils, refer to the individual product page on woodenwick.com for the percentage of oil to use, based on what type of product you plan to create.
essential oils that boost immunity & wellness
- French lavender essential oil: Reduces bacteria, viruses, and fungi. This powerful essential oil is also used to help prevent stress and anxiety through aromatherapy
- Blood orange essential oil: Reduces harmful bacteria and fungi when applied topically.
- California lemon essential oil: Reduces harmful viruses and bacteria when applied topically. Also used in aromatherapy to help clear a sore throat.
- Other popular essential oils include tea tree, frankincense, eucalyptus, thyme, bergamot, ylang ylang, rosemary, cinnamon, and clove.
make a sanitizer with essential oils
We also have an essential oil discovery kit so you can unleash your essential oil super powers!
Spread the love! Share your favorite essential oil creation on social and tag @makesy for a special shoutout!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.