Make Easy, Eco-Friendly Scent Diffusers With Ceramic Beads
Little scent beads with endless possibilities! Naturally eco-friendly and exclusive to makesy, ceramic scent beads are a fun new way to diffuse your favorite fragrances.
Unlike reed diffusers, you don’t need a large quantity of fragrance oil or diffuser base when using these beads.
With their circular, earthy, handmade ceramic appeal, you can expect a fantastic scent throw because the ceramic absorbs a great amount of fragrance oil that lasts for quite some time.
If you've ever looked for diffusing scent beads before, you've probably seen that most on the market are made from plastic. We try to use as little plastic as possible as part of our Made Better™ standards, which is we why created these one-of-a-kind, innovative, eco-friendly ceramic beads.
What a win for you and the environment!
By sticking to the simple recipe below, you can easily make a scent diffuser that fills your car, home, or other favorite space with an enticing, refreshing fragrance.
how to make an eco-friendly scent bead diffuser
- Scent diffusing ceramic beads
- Your favorite fragrance or essential oil
- A drawstring bag or sachet (we love the eco-chic cotton drawstrings bags or pretty white organza bags)
- Enhancers for a little extra flair
- Digital scale
- Glass pitcher
- Bamboo mixing spoon
- First, turn on your scale and place your pitcher on top. Press the "tare" button so that it zeroes out.
- Next, add your ceramic beads to your pitcher. Depending on the size of the sachet you plan to make, we recommend using 3-5 ounces of ceramic beads.
- After you’ve added the beads to your pitcher, it’s time to add your fragrance or essential oil. To add your fragrance, you can slowly drip your fragrance oil over top of your beads directly from the bottle or using a pipette. Make sure to disperse the oil evenly over the beads. We recommend starting with 10-25 drops of oil.
- Gently mix the beads using a bamboo mixing spoon so the fragrance fully combines.
- Once you’ve mixed in your fragrance, it’s time to add any additional Enhancers for decoration. We love using a combination of mica, crystals, and dried botanicals to add color and texture to the bead sachets. Let your creativity run wild with this recipe!
- Once you’ve decorated your ceramic beads, you’re ready to create your sachets. Take your bags and fill them with a small amount of your ceramic bead mixture and close the drawstring.
- That's it! Now you’ve got beautiful scent diffusing sachets to sell, gift, or add fragrance to any of your favorite spaces.
Maker Tip: Sachets are a great product to use for customer scent samples. You can even use ceramic beads in wax melters - when they heat up, they provide an incredible scent throw that can fill your entire home or office!