Recipe: Hydrate & Protect Primer
This all-natural, silicone-free recipe is a lightweight, multitasking primer perfect for dry to normal skin!
Mushroom extracts keep the skin cool and calm while our all-natural rainforest plum gel locks in moisture and smooths skin to keep it nourished and hydrated all day.
Primers without silicones are a sought after product because they help keep dry skin hydrated without clogging pores.
The materials to make 30, 1oz primers will cost less than $160 and we suggest a retail price of at least $20 ($600 total sales!).
hydrate & protect diy primer
Large bath recipe (makes 30)
Ingredients & supplies:
- 30 1oz white gloss pet bottle or 1oz black gloss pet bottle (w/ treatment pump)
- 32oz/907g deep hydration night cream base
- 2oz rainforest plum oil, silicone gel alternative
- 2oz shroomcool skin defense extract
- Clean your workspace with soap and water, dry, and then sanitize with >60% alcohol (isopropyl alcohol is sufficient).
- Add your rainforest plum oil to a microwave-safe container, and microwave for 30 seconds and mix until any white clumps have melted and you have a clear oily gel.
- combine your 2lb deep hydration night cream base and 28mL/1oz (2tbsp) of shroomcool skin defense extract to a separate, sanitized mixing container and mix completely.
- Store your remaining shroomcool in a dark, cool space. You can use this for your next batch (which will only cost you $120!)
- Slowly add your rainforest plum oil to your cream base while mixing. Continue to add until everything is evenly mixed.
- Use a funnel to add your primer to your 30 bottles. Seal the treatment pump tightly.
- Take advantage of our partnership with Vistaprint and make the beautiful, customized labels and packaging your luxury creation deserves.
- Show off your creation! If you need help with product photography, check out our exclusive offer with Soona, our favorite product photography partner!