Recipe: Make Your Own Natural Makeup Remover
Say hello to clean skin! Makeup remover is an essential component for healthy, glowing skin.
Removing your makeup should be the first step in your skincare routine! Makeup remover helps remove dirt, oil and other impurities from your skin, leaving your pores clear and free from environmental pollutants!
These icky pollutants can clog pores, cause pimples, irritation or discomfort (ugh!).
Thankfully, it has never been easier to make your own makeup remover! With a few simple ingredients, you will be on your way to making your own all-natural diy makeup remover.
We'll start with our makeup remover base which is enhanced with witch hazel water. This powerful ingredient has micelles which cling to water on one end and dirt and oil on the other. It effectively removes makeup and other residues.
Next, you'll add our vegan collagen liquid amino blend and an all-natural fragrance oil. Egyptian geranium essential oil is a favorite because it promotes calmness and relaxation. It also serves as an antioxidant and antibacterial and helps fight acne and skin ailments.
Follow along below and let’s get to making that makeup remover magic!
diy natural makeup remover recipe
Makes (3) 6oz bottles
- 16oz all natural micellar makeup remover base
- 10ml vegan collagen liquid amino blend
- 10ml all-natural fragrance oil
- stirring stick or bamboo spoon
- (3) 6oz white pet bottles
- In a small bowl, start by pouring 16oz of our makeup remover base. This base gently cleanses skin by removing dirt and oil for a clean, fresh finish. This is an unscented liquid base safe for all skin types that can be used as is or rinsed once used.
- Then, add 10ml of vegan collagen liquid amino blend to the 16oz of all-natural makeup remover base. This ingredient mimics the protein structure of collagen and helps to improve hydration, soothe skin, and even complexion. Your skin will be relaxed, hydrated and restored after a long day (or night)!
- Finally, add 10ml of your favorite all-natural fragrance oil of your choice. And if you need some help deciding which one, watch this video for inspiration here.
- Lastly, use a stirring stick or spoon to gently mix the ingredients together.
Voila! You just made your first batch of all natural homemade makeup remover!
Use a cotton pad or cotton ball to apply a small amount of your makeup remover to the skin. It will effectively remove eye makeup, foundation, and other beauty products. Follow with the rest of your skin care routine.
If you are looking to make your own blend, start with the beauty batch book. You'll find more recipes along with an abundance of tips, tricks and resources to get your maker wheels turning!
Making your own beauty products is a great way to invest in yourself and your brand. It's also a fun way to create something special for yourself!