Recipe: How To Make All-Natural Deodorant Cream
If you’ve ever wanted to make your own all-natural diy deodorant, we have the recipe to master that. Get ready to create some natural maker magic.
This wonderfully clean creation is a win for your (underarm) skin in so many ways.
The base of this diy deodorant is two different oils (coconut and golden jojoba oil) which are packed with minerals and vitamins that help soothe the skin.
The addition of arrowroot powder helps both thicken the formula and remove impurities and toxins from the skin, making this organic cream perfect for keeping you refreshed all day long.
To make this formula ultra luxurious, we add a luscious, serene natural fragrance that blends notes of lavender, jasmine, and honey. This fragrance is all-natural ISO 9235 certified. If you prefer an usncented formula, you can easily leave the fragrance out.
Once you’ve made your all-natural deodorant, you’ll pack it into four sleek frosted jars and seal it with gorgeous bamboo lids for an aesthetically pleasing display. Yay for clean and creative body care!
all-natural diy deodorant recipe
Makes 4 deodorants
- 1 lb Arrowroot Powder
- 1 lb Magnesium Hydroxide
- 16 oz Golden Jojoba Oil
- 16 oz Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 16 oz Organic Flax Glycerin
- 44 lb Beeswax Coco Creme
- 10 ml Lush Lavandin + Tahitian Vanilla Fragrance Oil
- 4 Frosted Glass Jars + Bamboo Lids (50 ml)
- 2 oz Arrowroot Powder (38.38%)
- 0.5 oz Magnesium Hydroxide (9.6%)
- 0.1 oz Golden Jojoba Oil (1.92%)
- 1.20 oz Fractionated Coconut Oil (23.01%)
- 0.1 oz Organic Flax Glycerin (1.92%)
- 1.25 oz Beeswax Coco Creme (23.99%)
- 0.052 oz Lush Lavandin + Vanilla Whip Fragrance Oil (1%)
- Bamboo Mixing Spoon
- Glass Pouring Pitcher x 2
- Sauce Pan
- Safety Goggles
- Making Apron
- Safety/Heat-Proof Gloves
- Add 0.1 oz of Golden Jojoba Oil, 1.2 oz of Fractionated Coconut Oil, and 1.25 oz Beeswax Coco Creme into Pouring Pitcher #1 and heat it up in the microwave until it liquifies.
- Once your formula is fully melted, add 2 oz of Arrowroot Powder, 0.1 oz of Organic Flax Glycerin, 0.5 oz of Magnesium Hydroxide, and 0.052 oz of Lush Lavandin + Vanilla Whip Fragrance Oil to the oils and Beeswax Coco Creme. Mix everything thoroughly until it is fully combined.
- Scoop and store your formula into Frosted Jars without lids and allow them to cool at room temperature. To speed up the cooling process, you can put them in the fridge so the cream will harden quicker, but do not leave them in the fridge overnight.
- Wait 24 hours before covering them with lids and before using your new Deodorant Cream.
- To use, scoop some cream out of the jar with your fingers, then apply directly to underarms as needed. Enjoy your wonderful, clean creation!
And just like that, you’ve created an everyday essential with all-natural ingredients that your body will thank you for! Be sure to tag us @makesy on Instagram when you share the good news about your new favorite recipe.
Want to make more fun body care projects? Check these out for some lip balm sweetness and creamy, dreamy skin food: