10 Tips To Start A Candle Business With Standley Handcrafted
Join Jeff as he shares his top 10 tips to starting a candle business!!!
1) Resources- Google is obviously one of the best resources to use when starting out. We also recommend joining a good Facebook group to create a community as well as ask them questions.
2) Videos- Youtube videos and tutorials are super helpful as a result of their easy-to-follow and short formats.
3) Get a kit!- Kits are perfect for beginners! They have everything you need and are perfected by experts to make sure all the components work together!
4) Keep is simple!- If you see a certain candle you like on Youtube or in the markets, try to make it yourself. Get inspired by others and find your style!
5) Ratios- Make sure to keep all your measurements to the manufacturers' ratios. Candle making is a science and an art.
6) Pen placing and wooden wicks- If you are using cotton wicks, try using a pen to help place it inside of your vessel or try out wooden wicks! Because of their stiff nature, they are super easy to place in a vessel and are beginner-friendly.
7) Don't be afraid to hand candles out- Get feedback from others especially if you are having some olfactive fatigue and want someone else to judge your fragrances.
8) Experiment- Try new waxes, oils, etc. to see what you like and what you excel in.
9) Use stuff you like!- Use colors, micas, glitters, etc. that YOU enjoy so you can be your brand's biggest supporter.
10) Have fun!- Create products you love and are proud of!
We hope these tips were helpful!