10 DIY Projects You Can Make Using A 10ml Fragrance Oil
Warning! Our luxurious and clean fragrance oils may instantly increase your joy and make you want to dive into numerous new DIY projects!
If your 10ml sample size fragrance oil has arrived and you’ve reached peak excitement, ready to create a personalized DIY project, we don’t blame you one bit.
The 10ml (.33oz) is a fun sized sample that will immerse you in the Makesy fragrance experience. With 10ml of pure joy waiting for you, you’re about to discover the beauty fragrance oils can add to all kinds of DIY projects.
From soaps to sprays to scent sachets, there are so many easy projects you can make with our 10ml size fragrance oil. Keep reading to learn just how easy it is to get started and get our recommendations for the best fragrance oil for each one!
The 10ml (.33 oz) size was originally designed as a sample to help makers decide which scents they love most, but there are so many ways to utilize this small bottle of gold that will leave you with a complete finished product you can use or gift.
about makesy fragrances
Each Makesy fragrance is clean, complex, luxurious, and has a profound signature blend of scent notes designed to transform your mood and enhance your product. Plus, 100% of makesy fragrances are phthalate-free, vegan and cruelty-free.
start with a fragrance discovery kit
Now, if you're anything like us, choosing between scents is an impossible task. That's why we recommend our fragrance discovery kits. In each kit, you get a variety of 10ml fragrance oils to explore, blend, and play with so you can find your favorites.
Discovery kits are grouped by collection so the fragrances often follow a seasonal palette or theme.
If you see fragrances across all our collections that are calling to you, choose the create your own kit, which allows you to curate and customize a kit with 10 different fragrance oils from our entire collection.
Ready to DIY? Here are 10 projects that you can make using your 10ml fragrance oil.
make a small wooden wick candle
- Start with a small metal tin (5oz). Use your entire 10ml sample with your favorite wax to achieve a 7% fragrance load. This is a nice size for a test candle so you can determine cold and hot throw efficacy.
- We recommend our prosecco & pink raspberries, which makes a playful, celebratory candle fragrance.
make an easy room and body spray
- Mix one 10ml fragrance oil in a 3.4 oz glass spray bottle with our organic alochol & witch hazel base which will yield approximately 10% fragrance load.
- We love our Egyptian linen & lavender buds in a room spray which has floral, musk and white wood notes balanced with fresh clean cotton and marine accords.
- Use your room spray to fresh up a bathroom, bedroom, closet or car. It's the perfect way to bring a fresh subtle aroma without a flame.
use it for aromatherapy
- Dab a few drops of fragrance oil on your wrists, in a hot bath, or add to your diffuser to enjoy the mood enhancing benefits of aromatherapy.
- Our soothing essential oil blend is a best seller and helps restore balance and soothe. It features a mix of essential oils like bergamot, geranium, bois de rose, guaiac wood, palmarosa, clove bud, rose absolute, and black currant bud absolute.
get sudsy and make handmade soap
- Add the 10ml fragrance oil to one of our melt & pour soap bases. This will give you approximately 2% fragrance load and yields 6-8 bars of soap.
- 10/10 people love our cashmere and vanilla fragrance oil. It's a true warm vanilla, elevated by woody cashmere and sweet amber, and rounded out with subtle notes of fruity citrus.
make a reed diffuser
- Add your 10ml to your favorite vessel and choose one of our diffuser bases.
- We recommend indulging with palo santo & sage, which has notes of grounding cedar wood and clove.
- Add 10 reeds to your vessel and let the aroma fill up the room.
cook up some wax tarts or melts
- Melts are one of our favorite ways to use up scrap wax which pairs perfectly with a 10ml fragrance oil.
- Use one 10ml per 4-5oz of wax for a 7% fragrance load.
- We love melts using our rose patchouli + amber which some of our makers have said makes a wonderful unisex scent.
make an easy all natural hand sanitizer
- Add 10ml to organic sugarcane alcohol, utilizing our 3.4 oz spray bottle, which will yield approximately 10% fragrance load.
- To level up your sanitizer, try this amazing scent natural rainbow eucalyptus + peppermint. One of our natural fragrances, it has a fresh, minty mixture of eucalyptus, lavender, mint, and rainbow wood.
make scent sachets
- Drop a little fragrance oil onto ceramic beads and stir until absorbed. Then, put it inside a sachet pouch and place it anywhere you want to freshen up.
- We love sage and lavender for scent sachets because it's subtle yet soothing.
practice scent blending
- If you have more than one sample 10ml, make your own delicious combo! Play around with blending fragrances until you find one that is uniquely you.
- We recommend blending your fragrances first in a small beaker or jar. Use a blotter strip to smell your new creations until you find the right balance.
- Once you've found a combination you love, add to one of our bases like our perfumer's alcohol to make a small bottle of your signature scent!
throw a scent party
- Invite over friends and family for a “scent” party (a great idea if you have multiple scents), and let them help you choose fragrances for your products.
- Write all of your fragrances down and have them describe what each one smells like to them. This can be super valuable for your marketing and a great way to get feedback before adding a new scent to your line.
It doesn’t take much to make some magic with the 10ml sample size. Be creative! We want to see your finished creations using your 10ml fragrance oils. Tag us with #makesy on social media and tell us which DIY project you loved most.