Why Start A Natural Pet Care Line & Where To Begin
What’s all the RUFF-us?
Pet care products are a growing industry, as pets make the world a much happier place. So, you want to join the PAW-ty? Anything is paw-sible!
Ok, enough of the dog puns, let’s talk about re-tail therapy!
It's the perfect time to start your own pet care line! Over 25% of households added a new furry member to their family in 2020, and 70% of households now have at least one pet!
Products that pamper your pet and improve their well-being are emerging as a new frontier for beauty and body care brands! Jump on the gravy-train and be at the forefront of a lucrative and growing pet product industry.
Trusted beauty brands such as Kiehl’s, Aesop and Malin + Goetz, have applied their expertise to create the next generation of luxury pet shampoos and styling products.
Much like prestige skincare products, these pet products combine science and natural ingredients which condition the coat while also promoting healthy skin and providing protection from fleas!
If you want to get started creating your own premium pet care brand, makesy makes it easy with a wide selection of Made Better™ pet bases, ingredients, and of course pet-friendly fragrances!
Now that you don’t need to worry about your ingredients, here are a few inspirational diy pet product recipes to help get you started:
ruff patches soothing balm recipe
Want a natural remedy for your dog's itchy paws or dry, cracked skin?
This recipe for a soothing balm hydrates dry, cracked skin, especially on the elbows and paws.
It contains moisturizing shea butter which helps to soothe itchy, irritated skin and contains amazonian copaiba oil, a cannabis-free alternative to CBD.
Adding a fragrance to your balm is totally optional. We've included recommendations for natural fragrances below that won't bother your pup's sensitive sniffer!
This recipe makes 32, 2.5oz finished sticks packaged in our eco-friendly paper tubes, similar to boho + bark natural paw balm stick for dogs.
You could retail these balms for $20 each for $640 in total sales with just $260 spent on supplies. That's a whopping $380 in profit!
Let's start making!
makes (32) 2.5oz finished tubes
- 4lbs of All-Natural Lip Balm Base
- 9l wax melter
- 16 oz amazonian copaiba oil
- 2 oz pet friendly fragrance (see our recommendation below)
- 32 74 ml kraft deodorant tubes 74 ml
- Melt 4lbs of all-natural lip balm base either in our 9l wax melter (or a large double boiler) and add 16oz of amazonian copaiba oil. Mix with a clean utensil until the copaiba oil is evenly distributed in the base.
- Add 2oz of your favorite pet-friendly fragrance. We suggest natural ivy geranium & pink rosemary for its gentle scent and pest repellent benefits!
- Once melted and mixed. Evenly pour your blend into your kraft deodorant tubes.
- Allow 12 hours to cool. It also helps to refrigerate your sticks for up to an hour once they have reached room temperature.
- Boost your brand! Add a custom label to your new product using our discounted rate with Vistaprint. Show the part of you that makes this product truly special!
natural dog healing silver spray recipe
Cuts, scrapes, and hot spots — they happen!
But it doesn’t mean your pet knows how to handle the constant itching!
This all-natural product is great in a spray bottle and is sure to be a summertime go-to for your dogs bug bites and minor cuts and scrapes.
This recipe doesn't contain any fragrance so it goes on an as an odorless spray and tastes like water if licked. It's excellent for dogs that have persistent allergies.
Similar products retail for $15 each. With this list of supplies, you'll be able to make at least 10, 2oz sprays with this recipe for about $75 in supplies.
That's $150 in total sales which means you'll make $75 in profit.
makes (10) 2oz spray bottles
- 16oz of colloidal silver
- 1 oz of organic agave prebiotic
- 3oz of filtered water
- (10) 2 oz spray bottles
- Start with 16oz of Colloidal Silver, add 1 oz of organic agave prebiotic and 3oz of filtered water mix until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Pour evenly into 10, 2 oz bottles and seal with a spray pump.
- Add a label and you're ready to share it with the world.
Who let the dogs out? Now, it is bath time!
bath bar for pups recipe
We're all aware that traditional shampoo and liquid soaps are mostly water, meaning they unnecessarily strain the environment and your wallet.
Set your brand apart with a solid soap for pets that is better for the planet, your pet, and even yourself!
This natural dog shampoo bar turns bath time into a personal massage that will bring you and your best friend even closer together.
Adding a fragrance to your formula is optional but we do love our natural manuka milk & bergamot honey. It's a subtle scent that won't feel strong after bath time is over.
makes (8) shampoo bars
- 1 lb of shea goat milk melt + pour soap base
- 10 ml pet friendly fragrance (see our recommendation below)
- 2 silicone oval 4 cavity mold w/logo
- Melt 1lb of shea goat milk melt + pour soap base in a microwave safe dish by microwaving for 30 seconds at a time.
- Once your soap is melted, add 10ml of your favorite pet-friendly fragrance (we suggest natural manuka milk & bergamot honey for its gentle yet addictive honey aroma!) and mix.
- Once mixed, evenly pour your mixture evenly into 2, silicone oval 4 cavity mold w/logo.
- Allow your bars to cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes prior to removing them from the mold.
- Add a label and these soap bars are ready for bath time.
Once inspiration strikes, check out this article, how to build a beauty brand & inspiring stories of success, to get more knowledge and inspiration to take your pet care business from dream to reality!